The Queen of Your Own Castle seminar in May had a great turnout and I think (and hope!) those who attended left with a good idea of what they need to do next in order to buy real estate in the Bay Area. I thought it was fun but too short. So the next one will be two hours with a break in between so we're not cramming everything in under an hour and a half.
I wanted to follow up with one section of the seminar: Active Buyers. Like many books out there on Best Practices of Successful Businesses I covered Characteristics of Successful Buyers. Anyone starting out in real estate should have the following characteristics and if you don't, please use this list a to-do list. Aspiring to be a successful ACTIVE buyer will make buying a home in the Bay Area a tangible goal instead of a dream.
ACTIVE BUYER CHARACTERISTICS
1. You met with a mortgage broker who has evaluated your financial standing.
2. You know exactly how much you can afford
3. You know exactly how much you could put down
4. You know about how much your interest rate will be
5. You have an agent, preferably me! ;)
6. You’ve outlined a few neighborhoods of interest
7. You are on an automatic email alert that tells you when a property matching your criteria comes on the market through MLS
8. You sometimes join your agent on Tuesday Broker Tours
9. You know who Andy Sirkin is now
10. You understand the concept of a TIC
After you've crossed off everything on this list you move into what I call the Seasoned Buyer. In two weeks I'll post the Successful Characteristics of Seasoned Buyers so you have plenty of time to work on your Active buyer status.
Again, thank you for attending my real estate seminar for single women and stay tuned for the next event date!